Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Marvellous Cain & Bizzy B - Everyday Junglist


Marvellous Cain & Bizzy B feat. Tempo O'Neil - Everyday (Macca, 1996)

I couldn't think of a more appropriate track than 'Everyday Junglist' to start off this blog. Marvellous Cain & Bizzy B's anthem starts off with a bass and horn sample from Stetsasonic's 'Talkin' All That Jazz' before cutting into Tempo O'Neil's vocal hook: "I'm an everyday junglist, I fight for survival...". The track has a sparse 'Life Could' breakbeat and a rough bassline, occasionally dropping in the "Street Knowledge" vocal from NWA's 'Straight Outta Compton' and later adding the amen break to liven things up. I had this on vinyl when it was originally released but shamefully have to admit I traded it for something I now don't even remember. Check out the VIP version which appeared on DJ Hype's The Designer Collection mix for United Dance above or purchase the mp3 directly from Bizzy B's site here.

Discogs link

1 comment: